20th International Conference on Defects in Insulating Materials
23-27 November 2020
An online conference hosted by the Federal University of Sergipe, Brazil
The scope of the Conference is the presentation of the latest investigations on point and extended defects in bulk materials, thin films and nanostructures. Technological applications will be presented alongside fundamental measurements and theories. The main scientific areas include:
▪ Fundamental physical phenomena
▪ Point and extended defects in wide band-gap systems: oxides, fluorides, nitrides, alkali- and silver-halides, perovskites, minerals, ceramics, nanostructures, organic molecular crystals, glasses, high-k and low-k materials, photonic crystals
▪ Defects at surfaces and interfaces
▪ Thin films and low-dimensional systems
▪ Colloids, nano-crystals, and aggregates
▪ Defects and material preparation technology
▪ Defect modelling and computational methods
▪ Radiation effects, radiation induced defects, colour centres
▪ Luminescence of excitons, impurities, and defects
▪ Electronic excitations, excited state dynamics, radiative and non-radiative relaxations
▪ Scintillation, energy transfer and storage, carrier trapping phenomena
▪ Defect related non-linear optical phenomena
▪ Laser active centres
▪ Phonons and defects, electron-phonon interactions
▪ Defect diffusion, ionic relaxations, ionic transport
▪ Technological applications will include: Radiological and radiometric imaging and detection (scintillators and dosimeters)- Optical devices and photonics, photorefractive electro-optics, optical fibres, lasers- Materials for opto-electronics, photonics and micro-electronics- Solid electrolytes, fuel cells, electrochemical sensors, fast ionic conductors - Nuclear fuel.
November 21st: Final version of the Programme is available! Proceedings details were added to the site.
October 19th: Electronic forms to send the videos for the Plenary and Oral talks and the files for the Poster presentations are now available. Instructions on how to prepare and how to send your material are available on the Programme and Plenaries page.
September 19th: Notification of abstract acceptance postponed to 8th October.
September 1st: Abstract submission deadline was extended to September 8th. Don't miss this opportunity!
July 24th: Site update - Registration and Conference fee page added. The registration form is now available.
July 21th: A new video was uploaded to the YouTube channel. Information about Proceedings is now available.
July 11th: ICDIM2020 now is on YouTube, ICDIM2020-TV. Subscribe to the channel and enable the notifications
July 8th: Abstract submission is now open! Please go to the Abstract Submission page and follow the instructions there.
July 2nd: ICDIM 2020 newsletter email list has been created! If you want to receive the latest news about ICDIM2020, join the Newsletter mail list by sending an email to email@example.com. You will receive an email back. Just reply to that email and you will be added to the newsletter. Do not click the "Join" button that is in the email. That is not working. Just reply to the email. Your reply can be a blank message.